Friday, December 11, 2009

IIWP Edition 1

Welcome to the first edition of my "If I Were President" blog post! Within this series I will share my thoughts on the little changes I would make that would increase my quality of life immensely. Please keep in mind that most of my bill proposals completely disregard the needs of the greater whole and therefore, this is why I will likely never be voted in to any kind of political office.

Now, I can't say "if I were president, I would move to Brazil" because that is just unpatriotic. However, if I were president I would sure as heck institute a mandatory 30 day paid vacation schedule that is currently in effect in Brazil.

Additionally, for a country that prides itself on the diversity of its population, I would mandate that all religious and national holidays be observed in the work place.

I abide by the strict rule that I work to live, I don't live to work. And I really think that the world would be a better place if we embraced that as our mantra!

Check out which countries get the most vacation days and see where the US nets out
!

4 comments:

  1. Well you're still better off than Canada...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true, Norm! See you in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is so you to start a blog, i just love it. i will be reading and following when my lovely work schedule allows. can you do a post about sitting at your desk at work and wondering why the belly creeps over the waste of the pants? can't it just stay where it's supposed to?

    xo amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lose your job and you get close to a full year of government paid vacation days....just an FYI

    ReplyDelete