Monday, December 14, 2009

At Home Beauty Products

Hi There,
Welcome to week two of "Kate Says This About That"! Thank you for reading, voting, and commenting (all three of you!). Keep it up!

For today's post, I wanted to share some insight on at-home beauty products. Many of my reviews are dedicated to retail brands, but I believe that the same results can be achieved with items you either already have in your home or you can buy in aisle 6 of your grocery store.

So for today's first budget beauty post, I want to recommend Mediterranean Sea Salt!

This isn't like normal table salt. It's much more granular and looks more like the salt you would put on your driveway during a snow storm than the kind you would put in your food.

What do you use this for? Well, keep some in your shower in a cute dish or mason jar and use it to exfoliate daily!

Sea salts are added to all sorts of expensive scrubs, but you can get the same results just by using this culinary slash cosmetic concoction.

Try crushing the salts slightly and combining with a little lavender scented baby oil (creating a paste-like scrub) and you can moisturize as you exfoliate. Make sure you rinse well as the salt can be drying if left on your skin and always test any at-home products on a hidden patch of skin to make sure you won't have any reactions.

Dedicate most of your scrubbing to knees, elbows, shins, and your behind (yep, exfoliation is said to increase circulation which can help diminish the appearance of cellulite...yum!).

Let me know if you give it a whirl and what you think! Stay tuned for other budget beauty ideas as I experiment with some of these recommendations!

Do you like experimenting with at-home beauty products? Take my poll and let us know!

2 comments:

  1. I was inspired by my own blog post...I made this tonight and added a little bit of olive oil too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm heading to the grocery store to try it! Thanks kate! :) :)

    ReplyDelete