Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A New Favorite Beauty Product!

Ok, well the title of this post is actually a misnomer. I have really loved this product for quite some time but realized, just this morning, that I hadn't mentioned it on my blog!


I like to use this moisturizer during the day. It isn't too heavy and absorbs pretty quickly so applying makeup is easy (and my skin isn't greasy). When you put this lotion on your face you can smell the SPF- which I actually don't like...I know it is for our own good to use an SPF, but I am not a fan of strong chemical smells (unless it is a chemical peel...in which case, chemical smells are welcome). But that is really the only flaw...

After using this product, my skin definitely experienced the "mild redness" and "a warm tingling sensation". Just as the tube says, I knew this was a sign that the product was actually working (and not just sitting on top of my skin like other lotions tend to do). After a few days, my skin adjusted and was definitely smoother, especially on my forehead where I tend to experience the most congestion.

I definitely recommend this product for the daytime. I feel great knowing that I have a hard-working SPF product protecting my skin while powerful anti-wrinkle agents are getting to work to decrease my current lines and creases.

And, as a side note, I don't like the idea of using an SPF cream at night. I think it is essential to have an SPF in your daytime lotions, but at night, I feel like it is an added chemical on my skin that really doesn't serve a purpose. Neutrogena has a Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream, Night Formula with retinol (a secret ingredient to some serious wrinkle wrecking!). I will have to try it! But in the meantime I have been using my tried and true Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer. It is super light and I feel good about the fact that it is simple, fragrance free, and non-SPF. Sometimes I will go with something a little thicker if my skin is really dry, but this does the trick and it is perfect for the summer when you don't feel like slabbing on anything too heavy (yes, I know it isn't summer -YET! I am merely suggesting that as we start to think about our summer skin regimens over the next 4 months, we add this to the routine. What? You are going to tell me that you aren't thinking about your summer skincare routine? Liar.).

What's this?! Does Neutrogena have an Anti-Wrinkle Intensive Serum! Two words... Stay. Tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment